Ok, this one is pretty self-explanatory. After watching "How to Achieve Your Childhood Dreams " by Dr. Randy Pausch (the guy who wrote "The Last Lecture") during Youth Group last Sunday, I've decided that I'm going to make some goals for myself to accomplish by the end of Senior Year. Some of them seem random, and that's because they are. I find that it is sometimes easiest to achieve abstract levels when you're reaching for concrete goals. So here is the list, subject to change, and I will continually update it throughout the year with other goals or completion of goals. I might re-post it later so that it stays on the first page
My Goals (in no particular order and to be achieved before graduation):
1) Get at least a 90% on a calc quiz/test
2) Ace a chem quiz/test (subject to change depending on how hard the quizzes get)
3) Play a high C on mellophone
4) Get into college
5) Begin learning how to play guitar
6) Ride a roller coaster
7) Get into County Honor Band on French Horn
8) Compose an awesome song (might be done automatically with the music theory final)
9) Read at least three Lit books in a row without using Sparknotes
10) Start participating actively in online forums
11) Ask a girl to Senior Prom
12) Tell my Mr. Zarco jokes in front of Mr. Zarco (some of you know what I'm talking about)
13) Register to vote
15) Have an incredible dream
16) Ditch a class
17) Watch all episodes of Dragonball
so that's the list right now, but I'll probably end up adding stuff when I remember it and putting updates when I reach a goal. If you want to suggest any goals just leave a comment.
UPDATES
3) Play a high C on mellophone: Complete! I hit it today during sectionals, and then proceeded to hit it again. And it was an actual note, not just a squeak or something. One down... (10/8/08)
9) Read at least three Lit books in a row without sparknotes: Finished, actually a long time ago. I read The Odyssey, Oedipus Rex/ Antigone (I'm going to count that as one book since they're pretty short) and Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, all done through classic reading and taking notes. (12/13/08)
7) Get into County Honor Band on French Horn: Success! And I got third chair! This goal was one of farther-reaching goals I set for myself, and I really did it to motivate me to practice. I didn't really expect to got in, but thankfully I had a good audition and not too many people tried out. Now, I need to learn the rest of the solo so I can play it for my church... (12/13/08)
5) A couple of weeks ago, I had my first guitar lesson wih Danny Lulu, and so i'm about halfway to becoming a virtuoso. I can play about two-thirds of the opening chord progression of Dispatch"s "Questioned Apocalypse". Jimi, here I come. (3/2/09)
10) Well, I started a youtube account, and I've commented on a few videos (I even got into a discussion about Bush's prior knowledge [or lack therreof] of 9/11 before it happened... sweet!]), so I'm going to go ahead and cross this one off the list. Side note: I have had my youtube account for a few days less than 3 months, and I am at 1,680 views. Which is about 500 a month. That's probably not good. (3/2/09)
1) DONE! It took me approximately 22 weeks of taking calc to get at least a 90% on a quiz or test, and finally, the day has arrived. I got a 51.5/57 on the chapter 9 test, which is a 90.35%. Look, I didn't sy it had to be a lot above 90%... anyways, this semester I am doing a lot better, which is really frustrating because I'm really not trying. I've gotten A B+ and an A- on our two tests and a B+ on our one quiz. I would have an A- in the class on the six weeks, except that my homework grade is about a 70%, so i'll probably have a B. But if I had those test/quiz scores last semester, I would have an A- because I had like a 97% in homework last semester. But I'm not going to complain. Now the only thing I want to do in that class is make 3-D graphs on my TI-89 (haha 83s and 84s, maybe if you got a real calculator you could do the same...muahaha)... I've already spent the last 2-3 weeks doing this, and so far I've made Zorro's trademark slash "z" thing, a waterfall, a cabbage field, and eyebrows. More to come on the 3-D graphs most definitely. (3/10/09)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dude,
1. Last year, I only got one quiz or test over 90% in calc...now THAT is embarassing ;)
2. You WILL ace a chem quiz, and you can slap your ass to the juniors and be like, "Suck on THIS!"
3. High C? THIS WILL DESTROY YOU (have faith and think of me while hitting it)
4. I think this goal should be "Try to not get into college"
5. Second semester, we can learn together <3
6. We rode on tuba cases already; what more can you ask for?!
7. Honor band won't be as fun without you, so make it!!!
8. Mine is going to be a trumpet trio :) What was your's last year? Something about a plumber? hahahaha
9. I have not used spark notes yet :) Remember, Ms Head says spark notes is usually wrong!
10. Online forums? Reminds me of something people did not do with Ms Ritchie over the summer...
11. Dude, you should ask a college girl to JUNIOR PROM! Now THAT would be fighting the system.
12. "That is quite a tall order, Mr. Zarco" :)
13. 18 seems so far away...
14. Where is 14? LOL
15. What about that dream about Age of Empires? <3 As long as you don't have my erotic dreams
16. I will ditch the same day as you! with you! second semester, though
17. That Dragonball episode you showed us was really weird...Anime porn anyone? Those japanese are real perverts
Post a Comment